Be Amazed by What ReqIF Studio Can Do
The best way to learn about a software is by looking at some real-world data. Therefore, we provide you here with a a great example.
The ReqIFz Archive found here is based on a public standard document, it is part of the ERTMS Subset-26, a standard for train control systems. You don't need to understand the technical details, but it is full of stuff that we need for a good demo: Lots of requirements, figures, traces and the like.
The ReqIF model was generated from a Word document, which is also included in the archive. The converter was developed by the publicly funded openETCS project. The rest of Subset-26 has been made available by the author of the converter, Moritz Dorka.
How to Use
To use this template, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have ReqIF Studio installed.
- Create a Project (see Handbook or Video).
- Download the demo file via the "Download" button above.
- Launch the import wizard via File | Import ... | ReqIF Studio | ReqIFz Import Wizard.
- We recommend to uncheck "Remove tool Extensions".
- Select an existing project, or create a new one by providing the project's name.
- Finish the import by clicking Finish.
- Open the project in the project explorer and double-click on chapter3.reqif.
The following screenshot show ReqIF Studio with the example file opened.